Saturday 16 January 2016

TRANSFER NEWS:THE SAINTS SIGN CHARLIE AUSTIN......via@sportsbywest3

FORMER queens park rangers striker, CHARLIE AUSTIN has signed for Southampton fc of England for a transfer fee of around 4 million euros.
the transfer is a great one for Southampton given the few millions they spent for a striker who knows the league well having scored 18 in the league goals for QPR last season.



The striker put pen to paper on a four-and-a-half-year contract at St Mary's after passing a medical and agreeing personal terms with Saints

The manager of Southampton came out last month to say that Jay Rodriguez's persistent injury problems could force him into the market for a new forward.
He told Southampton's official website: "I'm delighted to have got it over the line so soon into January. I can't wait to get started now.
"As soon as Southampton showed an interest that was the one club I wanted to go to. You see the progression from when I was playing against Southampton for Swindon. For me, it was important to come to a club that's on the up and that's what I've got here."

 

via sportsbywest.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment